WillowWood is a small co-ed private, independent school for diverse learners. We've been offering targeted, personalized education to all kinds of learners since 1980.
LIMITLESS LEARNING. 2020 is our 40th successful year delivering targeted, personalized education which considers your child’s unique needs, inclinations, strengths and learning styles. At WillowWood your child's potential is LIMITLESS.
"Each teacher has been able to identify and address our child's unique learning style. Not only do they give her the push that she needs to achieve, but they have also instilled a belief in her own ability" Karen Snowdon-Steacy, Parent
INDIVIDUALIZED APPROACH. Your child might be advanced in one subject area and need help in another; they can work at two grade levels simultaneously.
• Targeted, personal education
• Consideration for each student's needs, inclinations and strengths
• Low student to teacher ratio
• Support for diverse learners
• Robust Athletics program, Arts opportunities and Competitive Sports (SAAF)
FOUNDATION PROGRAM. The grade 1-2 Foundation Program provides individualized education in the core areas of learning. This enables students to learn at their own level of skill development and independent functioning. The Foundation Program makes the jump to upper primary easier for all students, especially those with unique learning styles.
TECHNOLOGY. It has changed the way children can learn and how teachers can teach. It forms an integral part of our teaching and learning process through several evidence-based practices designed to support academic performance.
Our effective teaching strategies, enthusiastic staff members, innovative programs and friendly environment bring out the best in students, build self-confidence and inspire a love of learning.
We’re a warm family-style school with 250 students. Come by for a visit, we’d love to meet you.
Major intersection: York Mills/Leslie (in North York) We're 10 minutes from the Don Valley Parkway, DVP (York Mills exit) and 10 minutes from highway 401 (Leslie exit).
Toronto, Ontario, M3B 2R3 phone: view phone416 444-7644 fax: view fax416 444-1801 website: Visit Website
- • Family style with a warm and caring environment
- • Grades 1-2 Foundation Program to Grade 12.
- • All courses follow the Ontario Ministry of Education’s curriculum guidelines
- • For grades 1 to 8, we offer the STEAM integrated approach to learning.
- • Wide variety of clubs and intramural sports
- • Robust Athletics program and Arts opportunities
- • Out of Class Experiential Learning
- • SUMMER CAMP Programs run July 6-31, 2020. Flexible 1/2 day or full day. 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks
- • Grades 1-6, Camp Discovery Program
- • Grades 7-10, Discovery Program: Leadership in Training and/or Challenge Yourself program
- • SUMMER HIGH SCHOOL Credit. 4-week program, June 29 - July 28, 2020, 110 hours. All courses follow the OSSD Ministry Guidelines.
Living Arrangements: Day
Main Language: English
Grades: 1 - 12
Tuition: $18,500 to $24,000
Average Class Size: 1:14 and 1:18
Principal's Message: "We all learn differently. When teachers recognize this and can help students to understand how they learn best, it creates an environment that is truly limitless.
It's not earth-shattering; it's simply good teaching to provide an opportunity for students to understand themselves in the context of a world that is constantly changing around them - and to do so in a place that is caring if needed, nurturing at times, firm with guidelines, positive in approach, and always, always challenging students to be their best. My staff and I strive to provide such an environment at WillowWood in our efforts to produce life-long learners fully cognizant of the world around them and the tools they need to establish their place in it." - Fred Howe, Principal
Upcoming Events: OPEN HOUSE DATES & TIMES
• Saturday, Feb 22 – Between 10 am and noon
• Tuesday, March 3, April 7, May 5 – Starts at 10 am (until 11 am)
• Tuesday, June 9 & 23 – Starts at 10 am (until 11 am)
* Wednesday, August 26 – Starts at 10 am (until 11 am)
Testimonials: "They help the students create, then build work practices that will set them up for success not only for exams but for life moving forward." Jonathan Landon, Parent
“The school motto, "Limitless Learning" is real. The teachers will help you to discover and embrace your abilities, address your weaknesses so you can soar like an eagle to learn while having fun. My best memories were participating in the Spring Musical; everyone from grades 1-12 is part of the production.” Sooji Kim, Alumnae
Jill Brock, Principal, "We set the foundation in the lower school."